Monday, September 24, 2012

Our Mum - Stuck?! Sept Challenge

Stucksketches provided a great sketch for this challenge. I have chosen to keep it mellow to reflect the passing years as my mum nears her 90th birthday. I dug out the K & C papers from my stash, used a stencil for the rose climber wall, added some Gesso for texture, embossed it with some Zing then cut it out so I could thread the climbing rose through it. The gorgeous cane chair is from Scrapmatts. The lace reflects some of the curtaining that would have been in her home in the past. When I cropped the photo to fit I cut off a branch of rose coloured bougainvillea so I cut it out and overlayed it onto the photo. I think this links the colour of the photo back to the layout nicely. What do you think?



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous-the leaves take the eye straight across to the photo. LOve that cane chair!!

Kim Ewins said...

Gorgeous Judy!
Love your leaves and your flowers...very pretty!
Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!